Traditional Tatami mats are made of cloth and rush and are of Japanese origin. These woven mats are used in homes as well as commercial settings in that country. We at Southern Cross Mats have taken inspiration from these traditional mats and offer our customers an excellent range of Tatami Mats that can be used in commercial and home gyms, playrooms, fitness centres, martial arts centres etc.
Features of Tatami mats
- The difference is that our Tatami mats are made of vinyl but look like their traditional counterparts.
- These products have an anti-skid underside.
- Their inner layer is made of sponge that has been compressed to provide cushioning and comfort.
- There are tatami mats of different densities.
- We can customise the sizes for you.
- They are an ideal flooring solution for areas where gym activities or contact sports such as martial arts are being performed.
- They are also used in physical training, aerobic and competition sport zones.
- The mats are typically available in grey and black shades but other colours can be made available too.
- You can order Tatami mats in the thickness you need.
- It is very easy to pivot while performing kicks in judo and karate sessions.
- Tatami mats have a good absorption rate and are great for big judo throws.
- They are a “forgiving” floor and are very suitable for martial arts centres where kids will be training. Parents feel more comfortable knowing that the flooring provides a certain amount of cushioning.
- They are easy to maintain and extremely durable.
- Cost effective solution for all types of gym and physical training areas or any other high activity area.
While these mats are very resilient, you need to acquire them from credible suppliers. For top quality Tatami Mats the only company you need to come to is Southern Cross Mats. For more information, feel free to call us at 1300 168 828. You can also use this Contact Us form to get in touch with us.